Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pineapple Chicken Salad Recipe

I'm from Alabama, so chicken salad is a staple in my household. It's the ultimate comfort food and can be made in a variety of ways! Alabama (and other Southern states) has this delicious chicken salad chain called Chicken Salad Chick and I make up every excuse in the book to stop by when I'm at home visiting. The Luau Lydia is my favorite: macadamia nuts and pineapple...yum. I decided to try to make my own version of this recipe at home. It's not quite as delicious as the restaurant version, but it satisfies my craving up here in Kentucky!

Pineapple Chicken Salad

{4 boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins}
{1 can crushed pineapple, drained}
{8 oz cream cheese, softened}
{1 cup Miracle Whip, or mayonnaise if you prefer}
{1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce}
{1/2 cup Macadamia nuts or pecans}
{Garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste}

Note: I prefer not to have celery or onions in my chicken salad, but by all means, add them!

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Salt, pepper, and garlic chicken breasts and bake for 20-25 minutes.
2. Cut chicken breasts in half and add to standing mixer to shred. I shred chicken on the 1st setting of my Kitchen Aid mixer and just add everything in as it shreds.
3. Add cream cheese, Miracle Whip, nuts of your choice, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste (all while still mixing).
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
5. Serve on croissants, bread, crackers, whatever you like!

No comments :

Post a Comment