Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Snow Breakup Letter

Dear Snow,

I think our time has come to an end. We had a nice run, but to be honest, I'm over you. I just hate to be this blunt, but you are no use to me anymore. In college, I used to pray for your white magical flakes to get me out of class and the treacherous hikes around campus. I wouldn't have to drive, I wouldn't have to go anywhere, I could just stay in my bed and snooze and binge-watch Netflix all day. But now...now, I'm a nurse, and I have to be at work whether you make an appearance or not. I have to wake up at 5 am regardless if the ground is covered and there isn't a footprint in sight. I have to scrape my windshield and leave my house earlier and drive 25 miles-an-hour to get to the hospital on time. Heck, sometimes you even make me stay overnight at the hospital because I don't want to drive on your slick, icy roads. 

You are beautiful when you first appear. But then, your true colors come out. You make the sidewalks slick and my car a dirty, ugly mess and threaten to chip my paint away. You wreak havoc on my weather mats. You make parallel parking a complete nightmare because I slip and slide everywhere.

So, I just wanted to give you my honest opinion because you deserve it. Actually, you don't really deserve it, because you make my life a whole lot worse now. I can't (and won't) do my snow dance because I don't want you to make an appearance anymore. I'm ready for spring and warm weather. I am ready for you to melt away.

Don't take it personally. Actually, I don't even care if you do. 

Goodbye for now (and hopefully always),
Taylor

No comments :

Post a Comment